serve with rolled up tortillas and wedges of lime!
Chicken Posole Soup
5 cups water
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cans white hominy, rinsed and drained
2 cans stewed tomatoes
4 teaspoons dried oregano
1 jalepeno chile, seeded and minced
dash of hot pepper sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
3/4 cups sliced radishes
3/4 cup sliced green onion
1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
1. Bring 5 cups of water to a boil in a large sauce pan. Add chicken. Cover and simmer until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
2. Using tongs, transfer chicken to a plate. Reserve broth. Shred chicken. Set aside.
3. Add hominy, tomatoes, oregano, jalepeno, and hot pepper sauce to cooking liquid.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened. About one hour. Stir in shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Divide shredded lettuce, radishes, and green onions among bowl. Ladle posole into each bowl and top with shredded cheese
6. Serve with rolled up flour tortilla and lime wedge.