this chicken is so juicy and has the perfect amount of flavor. serve in tortillas or hard shell tacos with cheese, sour cream, jalepenos, and whatever else you put on a taco. or serve on a bun!
Shredded Crock Pot Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (organic, if possible)
1 1/4 teaspoons of cumin
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of coriander
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/3 cup of chicken broth
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
1/3 cup of cilantro leaves
1 large onion, chopped
1 jalepeno, seeded and minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for five minutes. Add the cumin, chili powder, coriander, paprika, and garlic. Saute for two more minutes. Pour the chicken broth into the pan and deglaze. Scrape up any browned bits. Set pan aside.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add to crock pot. Squeeze the lime on top.
3. Pour can of tomatoes in the crock pot.
4. Add the cilantro and jalepeno.
5. Pour the onion and garlic mixture on top.
6. Cook on low for 5 hours until cooked through. Shred the chicken in the crock pot by using two forks to tear it apart. It should be very tender and easy to do.
7. Serve on tortillas with lettuce, tomato, avocado, cilantro, onion, and cheese. Or serve on a bun with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.