these cookies are to die for. the name says it all- gooey butter cookies. to my friends in CO, you know who you are, these cookies just about killed us...haha! we literally could not stop eating them
Gooey Butter Cookies
1 box of Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Recipe Golden cake mix
1 stick of salted butter
8 oz. of cream cheese
1/4 tsp. of vanilla
1. Mix the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla together with a hand mixer until smooth.
2. Add the cake mix and mix until smooth.
3. Cover and put in the refrigerator for thirty minutes.
4. After thirty minutes, take out the mix. Put 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar in a bowl. Drop teaspoon size ball of cookie mix and roll in powdered sugar until fully covered. Do this with the rest of the batter.
5. Place on lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes until golden brown, but still GOOEY. GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES. MMMMM MMMM......