hope everyone has a FANTASTIC memorial day of relaxing, munchin', and just chillin.
memorial day munchie recipes:
1. Buy Johnsonville ORIGINAL Brats (no cheese, jalepeno, beer, etc, just the regular brats)
2. Soak in luke warm water for an hour.
3. Fill a pot with beer and sliced white onion and warm on stove.
4. Cook brats on grill until slightly burned.
5. Soak in warm beer/onion for 10-15 minutes until ready to eat.
6. Serve on kaiser rolls with mustard or in a tortilla with cheese.
Matt's El Rancho Bob Armstrong Dip
For Matt's Tex Mex Spice:
3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 tablespoons granulated garlic
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
4 Hass avocados
4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
For Taco-Meat Layer:
1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Tex-Mex spice
1 pound lean ground beef
For Chile Con Queso Layer:
1 1/2 cups canned chopped green chiles or fresh chiles, peeled and finely diced
1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
2 teaspoons Tex-Mex spice
1 cup chicken broth
1 pound American cheese or more if needed
For assembly and serving:
Pico de Gallo
1. Prepare Matt's Tex Mex Spice. Stir together cumin, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
2. Prepare quacamole. Half avocados and scoop flesh into a mixing bowl. Discard pits and skins. Add lime juice, mash together until mixture reaches a chunky texture. Add salt to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
3. Prepare taco meat. In a cold skillet, stir together bell peppers, celery, onion, and Tex Mex spice. Spread uncooked meat on top. Place over medium heat. When meat starts to simmer, stir and break up meat. Simmer on low for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, drain. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
4. Prepare chile con queso. In a saucepan, combine chiles, tomato, onion, celery, Tex Mex spice, and chicken broth. Bring to a light simmer and gently cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat. Add cheese. Simmer until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
4. Assemble dip. Warm a 9x13 inch pan in the oven. Spread guacamole in the pan. Then top with hot taco meat. Top with chile con queso. Garnish with pico de gallo and sour cream. Serve with chips and warm tortillas.