2 lbs. chicken, cooked and chopped into small pieces
1 medium green pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt, to taste
1 (16 oz.) can chili beans
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 small jar Pace Picante
8-10 corn or flour tortillas
2-3 cups shredded Mexican cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. In a saucepan, combine the green pepper, onion, garlic with small amount of olive oil. Allow to simmer until tender.
3. Add chicken, beans, tomato sauce, cumin, and picante. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Evenly spread the mixture to the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Cover with 4-5 tortillas to create a lasagna type layer. Spread on meat mixture then 1 to 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Repeat layers.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and then bake for 5 minutes more. Let set for 5 minutes. Serve with lettuce, sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.