in case you may ask.... these are the recipes I will be making for Thanksgiving
Cheddar and Jalepeno Stuffing.... (can you tell I like spicy???...who doesn't?)
compliments of Real Simple
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the baking dish
1 large loaf of Italian bread cut into 3/4-inch pieces
2 medium onions, chopped
4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
2 jalepeno peppers, chopped (seeds removed if you want less heat....WIMP)
kosher salt and black pepper
1/2 cup lager beer...go ahead, drink the rest
1 1/2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
6 scallions, sliced
1. Heat over to 375 degress. Butter a 9-by-13-inch backing dish. Divide the bread between 2 rimmed baking sheets and bake until cry and crisp...about 10-12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, jalepenos, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until very tender and beginning to brown. Add the beer and cook until evaporated (2-4 minutes). Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
3. Add the bread, broth, eggs, cheddar, scallions, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the vegetables and toss to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Cover with buttered foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until browned for 20-30 minutes longer.
Corn Flake Mashed Potatoes
9 medium sized potatoes
1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons of melted butter
2 cans of condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
2 cups of crushed Corn Flakes
2 cups of sour cream
1/2 of a finely diced onion
1. Peel and boil the potatoes until tender.
2. In a bowl, combine soup cans, 1/2 cup of the melted butter, sour cream, onions, and cheese.
3. Grate the potatoes and stir into the bowl.
4. Pour mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Combine corn flakes with 2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle over the pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes (until nice and BUBBLY)