Chicken Kebabs with Chickpea Salad
1 cup plain yogurt (Greek yogurt)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
kosher salt and black pepper to taste
1 1/2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
1. Heat grill or grill pan to medium high.
2. In a shallow baking dish, combine the yogurt, garlic, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
3. Put the chicken onto about 8 wood skewers and set them in the yogurt marinade, turning to coat. Refrigerate for at least ten minutes or overnight.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, onion, celery, parsley, oil, and vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
5. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook on a well oiled grill or grill pan, turning occasionally until cooked through. About ten minutes,
6. Divide the chickpea salad among plates and serve with the chicken.
Can be served in a pita with extra yogurt as a dressing...also it would be good to mix some of the yogurt with a little bit of curry to enhance the flavor.