Mache Salad with Fried Egg and Bacon
1 piece of sourdough bread
1 thick slice applewood smoked bacon, chopped roughly
mache lettuce leaves (or any other baby leaf blend)
red onion (thinly sliced)
salt and pepper
garlic ranch dressing (plain ranch)
1. In a small frying pan set over medium heat, brown the bacon bits.
2. Toast bread and spread with butter.
3. Place buttered bread on plate with mache lettuce leaves on top. Season with salt and pepper. Place thinly sliced red onion through out.
4. When the bacon is done cooking, set aside and save the grease. Fry the egg in the bacon grease. Season with salt and pepper. Cook almost all of the way through. Flip over to cook over easy. Set aside.
5. Dress the salad with garlic ranch dressing. Place the fried egg and scatter the bacon bits on top. Enjoy!