2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. ground turkey
1 1/2 tbsp. ancho chili powder
2 tsps. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
2 tblsp. all purpose flour
1 tbsp. tomato paste
3 cups beef stock
1 15 ounce can hominy, drained and rinsed
1. In medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat, then add onions and garlic. Add turkey, ancho powder, cumin, and chipotle powder. Season with a pinch of salt. Brown ground turkey until cooked. Break up with a wooden spoon.
2. Sprinkle flour and cook for a minute. Add in tomato paste.
3. Add stock and hominy and bring to a boil.
4. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve with cheddar, cilantro, sour cream, and tortilla chips.