yupp! a great way to get kids to eat veggies. spinach coated in croutons and cheese.
Crispy Spinach Balls
2 boxes of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
2 cups small croutons
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 large onions, finely chopped
1 cup (1 stick) of melted butter
2 tsp of garlic salt
1 tsp of Italian herbs mix
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together. Chill 15 minutes in the refrigerator until mixture if firm enough to shape.
3. Roll into two inch balls, using 1 heaping tablespoon per ball.
4. Place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake about 20minutes or until the balls are lightly browned. Serve hot or at room temperature.